It’s that time of year again!
Are you ready for a weekend full of food, family and fall photos!? I know I sure am!
If you’re anything like me, you begin brainstorming what you can bring to family dinners pretty last minute! Sometimes it results in an impromptu appetizer, other times it’s a bottle of wine (to me, love me). Either way, I somehow always impress myself! This year I’ve been thinking ahead (24 really has me feeling older + wiser!) and I came up with an easy DIY that could be a festive alternative to bringing food to dinner. I feel like more often than not, I hear…“We don’t need anymore food, just bring yourself!” And I always end up bringing food, and we always end up having left overs. (For the rest of October I should add! If you know, you know!) Not that I ever complain about the left overs- but this 5 step DIY pumpkin bouquet will impress the dinner host while giving you the *favourite* daughter/sister/ friend/niece/grand daughter title this year!
- Pick a pumpkin (You can get them for less than 5$ at any grocery store, farm or road side stop!)
- Buy flowers (I got two packs for under 10$ at Walmart!)
- Fill a red solo cup with water (or any cup that you don’t mind using as a vase!)
- Carve a hole in the top of the pumpkin just big enough for the red solo cup to sit inside. Scoop the insides of the pumpkin out, saving the seeds if you want to roast them!
- Place the cup of water inside the pumpkin and begin arranging your bouquet! Spice up your pumpkin by re-using the bouquet packaging and placing it around the flowers!
Place the pumpkin bouquet as the centre piece of the dinner table to enjoy for the night + weeks ahead! (If your family won’t be getting together this year, surprise them with a porch drop off + leave it on their front step! I promise you, they will love it either way!)
This thanksgiving, I have a lot to be grateful for, but right now I’m grateful for you! Thanks for reading + let me know if you give it a go!
Virtual Cheers! -Silk🤍
Today’s Mantra: Be present in all things and thankful for all things.