Q: Is there anything better than the mixture of pumpkin + coffee!?
A: Nothing better.
B: I’m Obsessed.
C: A +B.
First thing’s first, let’s address the aroma that has officially taken over my house thanks to the fall baking I’ve been doing on this chilly afternoon. I don’t think I could be more content than when I’m at home in my kitchen, sipping coffee and baking in my apron. (Domestic AF, I know.) This pumpkin-coffee-cake recipe will be the perfect fall dish to bring to your upcoming friends-giving, to have with coffee in the morning or to fix your late night sweet tooth (we all have one sometimes, just admit it!) It’s soft on the inside + crumbly on the outside! *insert mouth watering emoji here* Fair warning: If you aren’t a pumpkin spice lover (who isn’t though) the recipe I’m about to share probably isn’t for you! But if you’re anything like me and are a PSL everything type of gal (Candles, coffee…or in this case coffee cake!) then keep reading + let’s get to baking!
Full disclosure: this is not the *skinny, low cal, substitution* version of the recipe. This is more of the *grandma’s trying to stuff you as full as the turkey at thanksgiving* type of recipe. Seriously though, no regrets.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 + 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 +1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan (I used two smaller pans instead)
- In a medium bowl, mix the streusel ingredients together
- In a seperate medium bowl, whisk together the: flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, baking soda, baking powder + salt
- In a separate medium bowl, beat together the: oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin + sour cream
- Pour the flour mixture + pumpkin mixture together (Mix until smooth)
- Pour the cake batter into the greased pan
- Crumble the streusel topping over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake @ 350 for 40 mins (or until the middle doesn’t wobble + a toothpick comes out clean)
- Mix the glaze ingredients together + drizzle over the cake when cooled.
- Serve with a PSL + enjoy!
Today’s Mantra: Eat the cake for breakfast!