It’s official, I’ve found the recipe that has *shockingly* turned me into a salad person! (Just call me Martha-freakin-Stewart!)
NGL, I’ve never been one of those “I love salads” people. I’m more of a “Can I order a burger + fries?” on the first date type of gal (because life’s too short to pretend I don’t know what I really want!) But I’ve debatably come up with a new go-to for the summer and it’s hands down the best salad I’ve ever had! Side note: Jake says I make the best homemade turkey burgers! *Between my salad + burger recipe’s you’ll be set to host any BBQ coming your way this summer!
My go-to summer salad recipe has the perfect ratio of sweet + savoury deliciousness that will fix either type of craving. Between the salty walnuts and sweet strawberries your mouth will be watering at this bowl filled with healthy greens!
- Baby spinach
- Dried cranberries
- Crushed walnuts
- Feta cheese
- Kraft poppy seed calorie wise dressing
- Wash + chop your fresh produce adding it into the bowl first
- Top the salad with your dry ingredients
- Drizzle the dressing on top
- Mix, serve + enjoy!
- (To avoid turning a low calorie meal into a high calorie meal, be sure to measure out your ingredients! Toppings can quickly add up. Or eyeball your ingredients and call it a day…whatever works for you! Remember that life’s all about balance!)
Pair this recipe with something on the BBQ + a glass of white sangria and your guests will be begging you for seconds! Let me know if you try it + cheers to becoming the hostest with the mostest!
Today’s Mantra: Eat well, live well, be well!