Rise ‘N Shine coffee drinkers! Today I’m serving you a recipe that will change your at home coffee game! Say goodbye to your six dollar Starbucks drinks and hello to a ready in 5 minutes cup of frothy deliciousness! Quarantine has sparked quite a few trends on social media and I’m totally here for the “Whipped Coffee” pictures that have been filling my insta-feed! (Partly because the photos are so satisfying to look at, partly because what else should I be doing at home besides finding new ways to support my caffeine addiction?) I knew I wanted to start sharing recipes on the blog, so it only made sense to write about how easy it is to whip up this iced-cup-of-joe that will be my new go to drink while staying safe at home! Side note: where are my year round iced coffee drinkers at!? If you’re ready to get hooked on a new cold brew- follow my recipe!
- 2 tbsp instant coffee *I used Nescafe RICH instant coffee!
- 2 tbsp sugar *I used brown sugar!
- 2 tbsp boiled water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 cup of almond milk *I used unsweetened vanilla almond breeze!
- Mix the instant coffee, sugar and boiled water into a bowl.
- Use an electric whisk on the first setting (or hand whisk if that’s what you have!) to mix together the ingredients. If you are using an electric whisk the ingredients should turn into a caramel coloured-frothy-whipped consistency in about 5 minutes! (If you are whisking it by hand this step will take longer!)
- Once your mouth starts to water from looking at your whipped coffee topping, it’s time to get your coffee cup ready! (Use a clear glass or mug if you want to get the satisfaction of seeing your whipped coffee and almond milk blend together!)
- First, put your almond milk on-the-rocks in your mug. Then add your whipped coffee on top!
- Allow the ingredients to blend on their own or use a spoon to stir your cold-brew together! *Just be sure to get your insta-photo before stirring!
- Drink your coffee in the morning before talking to humans and proceed with your day!
After taste-testing the internet-viral recipe I can easily give whipped coffee a 5 star rating! The opportunities are endless with this coffee-concauction…should I add powdered peanut butter? Should I add Baileys? Should I add both…? I already can’t wait to drink it again
tomorrow this afternoon! Leave a comment below with how yours turned out, cheers friends!
Today’s Mantra: I don’t need an inspirational quote. I need coffee.